Prodigy Robotics & Automation Inc. is seeking a Mechanical Engineering Designer within the Engineering & Controls team. We are looking for a hardworking and capable individual to design and implement Mechanical systems.
- Strong communication skills with desire to take on new challenges and uncover practical solutions to technical problems
- Hardworking leader with a commitment to excellence and continuous improvement
- Advanced knowledge of Solidworks, Autocad mechanical design software
- Developing 3D models for custom machinery design
- Knowledge of safety systems related to robotic cells and machinery safety design
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Office applications
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to work independently or within a team environment prioritizing in order to meet specified milestone dates
- Proficient with project and service documentation. Including technical notes, details on projects and service work performed
- On-site investigations to mechanical design requirements for both new equipment or modifications to existing equipment
- Design, test and simulate 3D mechanical models
- Develop and maintain Solidworks revisions, toolbox and CAD library for both purchased parts and manufactured parts
- Create offline robot simulations using Solidworks models imported to 3rd party specific software, including reach studies
- Ability to manage customer relationships and project scope
- mechanical study and problem solving of machines at customer sites
- Project management
- You have a Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering or related Degree, Engineering Technology Diploma or equivalent
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly motivated team player
- Must have 1 to 3 years of experience in mechanical designs
- Hold and maintain a valid Class G license
- Have reliable and dependable transportation
This position is based out of our head office in Brantford, ON with requirement to travel internationally and domestically without restrictions on a occasional basis.
Continuous required training is supplied with our current partnerships with Solidworks and Cad Micro systems.
We offer competitive wages and benefits packages.
Qualified applicants, please submit a resume to –email and quote the position title in the subject line.