Prodigy Robotics & Automation Inc. is seeking a Control Systems Specialist within the Electrical Engineering & Controls team. We are looking for a hardworking and capable individual to design and implement PLC based controls systems.
- Strong communication skills with desire to take on new challenges and uncover practical solutions to technical problems
- Hardworking leader with a commitment to excellence and continuous improvement
- Advanced knowledge of Rockwell HMI, SCADA Software (FactoryTalk View), Siemens (WinCC), Allen Bradley PLC (RSLinx, RSLogix) and Mitsubishi (PLC, HMI) systems
- Knowledge of motion systems (Rockwell Kinetix, Siemens SINUMERIK CNC, Mitsubishi)
- Some knowledge of safety systems
- Some robotic systems knowledge, for example Fanuc, Mitsubishi, ABB and Yaskawa Motoman
- Some knowledge in Solidworks, Autocad and EPLAN
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Office applications
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to work independently or within a team environment prioritizing in order to meet specified milestone dates
- Proficient with project and service documentation. Including technical notes, details on projects and service work performed
- Configuring PLC hardware and programs (Ladder, Structured Text, Function Blocks)
- Developing PLC Code and following existing code standards
- Create offline robot simulations
- Ability to manage customer relationships and project scope
- Commissioning and debugging machines at customer sites
- Assisting design Engineers with electrical drive and PLC panel design
- Developing HMI architecture
- Installing HMI hardware and software
- Project management
- You have an Electrical Engineering or related Degree, Engineering Technology Diploma or equivalent
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly motivated team player
- Must have 1 to 3 years of experience in an industrial environment
- Hold and maintain a valid Class G license
- Have reliable and dependable transportation
This position is based out of our head office in Brantford, ON with a requirement to travel internationally and domestically without restrictions on a consistent basis.
Continuous required training is supplied with our current partnerships with Fanuc ASI, Rockwell, and Mitsubishi.
We offer competitive wages and benefits packages.
Qualified applicants, please submit a resume to –email and quote the position title in the subject line.